Emergency Department Technician EMT CNA LNA Night ED
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Internal Number: R101092
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Banner Thunderbird Medical Center has served the Northwest Valley for more than 25 years, our unrelenting focus on excellent patient care has helped us become one of the most preferred hospitals in the Valley seeing over 106,000 emergency department patients in 2019 alone!?? Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is an 890,000-square-foot acute-care facility that includes a spacious and comfortable main lobby, a patient/family library, a heart and vascular center, state-of-the-art surgical suites and a 200-bed patient tower to the campus. The newer South Tower includes a robust full-service Emergency Department, and all-private rooms.?? In 2019, Banner Thunderbird Medical Center was officially designated as a Level 1 Adult Trauma Center for patient 15 and older.?? Designation as an Arizona Level I Trauma Center means Banner Thunderbird Medical Center can provide total care for every aspect of injury, greatly reducing the need to transfer patients outside the area for life-saving treatment.?? In addition to our Trauma Designation, Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is also a Certified Stroke Center! Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is deeply committed to providing the highest quality of clinical care along with an excellent patient care experience.?? With our organizations mission statement, ???Health care made easier, life made better,??? Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is truly dedicated to serving its regional patient population.?? We would like to make you part of our Emergency Department Team and incorporate your nursing experience into our highly talented group of nurse experts!?? Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is committed to fostering growth and enhancing the RN experience.?? As a state-of-the art facility, Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is laser-focused on delivering excellent patient care.?? The team at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center???s Emergency Department is awaiting your arrival!
This position is a Full-Time Night Shift ED Tech Position. The hours will be from 6pm-6:30am for 3 shifts per week. This will include weekends and holidays on a rotating basis. You will also have the opportunity utilize our self-scheduling tool for shift and weekend coverage and enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential as well as an 18% Night Shift differential!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 595-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing patient care and assists health care providers in performing assigned patient procedures within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Under general supervision of the RN, APN, PA, or Physician, performs assigned procedures including, but not limited to: electrocardiogram testing (EKG); wound cleansing; initial, repeat and orthostatic vital sign measurements; application of monitor leads, specimen collection, and transports stable telemetry or non-monitored patients to nursing units. Advanced skills and functions: Where state statute permits, performs blood glucose testing; phlebotomy; saline lock insertion; IV discontinuation; bladder (Foley) catheterization. After training in these advanced skills the ED Tech may perform these functions per state and facility guidelines on adult patients and pediatric patients twelve years of age and older upon direct delegation of the task.
2. Sets up, prepares patient and assists with patient exam and minor surgical or health procedures within scope of training such as, but not limited to: lumbar punctures; sterile instrument and field preparation, suturing lacerations, chest tube insertion, closed fracture reduction, gastric lavage, pelvic examinations, restraint application, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Applies orthopedic devices, to include pre-manufactured and plaster splints under physician direction.
3. Performs specimen collection, ensuring accuracy in identification and integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required by Lab. Where state statute permits, performs point of care testing for blood glucose, hemoccult and gastroccult or other tests, and performs quality control checks on point of care equipment as required.
4. Provides communication and updates to RN, Physician or other providers related to perceived reactions or changes to patients??? condition. Accurately records information in the patient record, documents vital signs and procedures completed, as well as the equipment and techniques utilized.
5. Monitors supply stock levels and reports needs. Notifies housekeeping, maintenance, biomedical engineering, and others to ensure proper equipment and a safe environment is maintained. Maintains appropriate levels of stock in medication room, exam room bedside carts, and specialty carts. Assists with health unit coordination tasks and reception responsibilities as needed.
6. Attends department meetings and educational sessions; Assists in orienting and training of new ED Technicians.
7. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician and other appropriate licensed health professionals. Position uses problem solving skills and provides effective communication with patients, patient families, health care providers and ancillary departments within the organization to provide quality patient care.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Either Emergency Medical Technician???Basic (EMT-B) or higher with state licensure or state certification, or Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Colorado: Either Emergency Medical Technician???Basic (EMT-B) or higher with state licensure or state certification.
Position requires basic computer skills, effective communication (written and verbal) skills, and problem-solving ability.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.