All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
*$20,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
The role you’ll contribute:
The Advanced Cardiothoracic Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) initiates appropriate behaviors unique to first assisting, under direct supervision of the surgeon. Applies knowledge of complex Cardiothoracic surgical anatomy and physiology and operative technique relating to operative procedures, while maintaining a sterile environment. Performs specialized nursing care in all phases of the Cardiothoracic peri-operative role. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates through behavior, Advent Health’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Performs all aspects of clinical patient care. Identifies and develops individualized plan of care. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient’s age. Evaluates patient’s developmental level, identifies increased physical / emotional dependency needs and evaluates the availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served. Identifies the need for patient / family teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
· Provides first assistance intra-operatively and under the direction of the surgeon which includes providing tissue exposure, handling, and/or cutting of tissue, cauterizing tissue, providing homeostasis and suturing, applying dressings, as well as performing other duties as assigned in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act of the state of Florida. Maintains privileges in good standing through AdventHealth Medical Staff Office.
· Adheres strictly to RNFA intra-operative protocols, guidelines and privileges/credentials for RNFA functions within those guidelines. Exercises critical thinking skills in all aspects of the RNFA role while maintaining a safe peri-operative environment.
· Adheres to job description for Operating Room RN (See RN job description).
*Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
Applicable experience required.
Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Graduate of a school of nursing
One year experience in cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, or cardiac ICU setting OR cardiovascular operating room experience
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.