Respiratory Therapist PRN AdventHealth Zephyrhills
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
Competently performs clinical patient assessment related to job title. Delivers therapy to patient’s including medicated aerosol treatments, EKG’s and arterial blood gases. Manages oxygen therapy, performs adult and infant intubations, and manages mechanical ventilators per protocol or by following physician specific orders. Assesses patients ordered for respiratory protocol to determine proper type and frequency of respiratory treatment. Adequately completes patient documentation in computer charting system; including documentation in interdisciplinary education and plan of care. Responds to code blue and rapid response calls
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Responsible for the delivery of care to patients with conditions that affect their respiratory status. This includes the delivery of aerosolized medication, oxygen therapy, invasive and non-invasive ventilation, and lung function testing. Employee is responsible for the drawing, analyzing, and resulting of blood gases.
· Responds to rapid response, code blue and performs CPR
· If filling in as “Lead” for shift, reviews work-load and assists in determining proper staff for following shift and next day. Makes staff assignment, is a resource to staff for technical questions, ensures that work on the shift is completed, ensures completed ECG’s are removed from list and ensures that overdue task and medication list is cleared off.
· Employee is responsible for following the regulatory requirements in of the blood gas lab; running of quality control as needed and changing of analyzer cartridges.
· Proper time management and prioritization skills