All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Career Development
- Sign-on Bonus
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Paid Days Off from Day One
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better
Schedule: Full Time
Location: 1500 SW 1st Ave, Ocala, 34471
The community you’ll be caring for: Ocala
The role you’ll contribute:
To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of AdventHealth Ocala. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner. Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure. Reports significant findings of admission and on-going assessments to appropriate member of health care team. Initiates discharge planning process with initial admission assessment.
- Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team. Formulates individualized patient plan of care based on assessment data within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Updates plan of care based on the patient assessment within appropriate time period.
- Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team through daily worksheet conferences, verbally during the shift and verbally during the shift report. Directs care team members in accordance with their scope of practice. Communicates/documents all patient care given including assessments, plan, interventions, patient response, and follow-up. Transcribes and directs the implementation of physician orders. Provides patient education based on assessed needs and evaluates understanding.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
- BLS, ACLS & NIHSS