Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Nurse Apprentice to join our team.
We have full time, part time and flex positions open in various departments. You will have the opportunity during your interview to discuss units of interest.
Units in the Meridian location: Not all units will have openings. Shift and FTE are also subject to change.
- Emergency Department
- The Meridian ED is the busiest ED in the state of Idaho with 34 beds. The CNA's in the ED need to be self-confident, learn quickly and like an ever changing, fast pace environment. The team works closely together to help people with minor-major complaints.
- Med/Surg 6 - Medical/Psych
- Med/surg 6 cares for patients with acute medical, surgical, cardiac, and respiratory conditions. It is a dynamic environment rich with opportunities for learning. Staff is very collaborative and energetic and believes in team work to reach the best patient outcome. The unit is designed to provide high quality, personalized care for patients. We use a multidisciplinary approach to patient care that is patient centered and encourages teamwork between nursing staff, physicians, therapy teams, social work, care coordination, and pharmacists. Opportunities to get med/surg, pain management, ortho, and/or neuro certified.
- Works with patients who suffer from heart disease, heart failure and complications associated with cardiac conditions. Meridian Telemetry is a Progressive Care Unit (PCU) providing an excellent patient experience through team work. We provide many learning opportunities to help our nurses grow.
- Med/Surg 5 - Surgical
- Postoperative patients recovering after orthopedic, Spine, Plastic Reconstructive, urological or general surgical procedures, patients with medical diagnoses.
- The Meridian unit provides ortho, urology, general, OB/GYN, ENT, optics, plastics services (everything but head and vascular). PreOp CNA's bring patients into PreOp to prepare for surgery. They obtain vital signs, lab work, perform EKG's, assist patient's with changing and toileting, clean patient rooms, moving stretchers, etc. It is a fast paced area with lots of movement. Also will be cross trained to float over to PACU as needed to assist patients. This is a fast paced area throughout the morning and early afternoon, but it slows down towards the evening. The CAP is expected to take over the unit clerk duties at 1430, along with helping with patient care and stocking.
- Critically ill adult patients-a mix of medical and surgical patients.
- Sign on Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
- Performs various patient care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- Documents information in patient record.
- Performs various direct patient care activities under direction of licensed patient care provider.
- Communicates information with patient care providers and other nursing staff members to facilitate patient care.
- Assists physicians and other nursing staff members with procedures as appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: None
- Experience: 0 years' experience
- Current CNA Certification in the State of Practice
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.