Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Internal Number: 2105046262-6
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Performs all Radiologic exams with minimum or no supervision
2. Performs All CT exams with minimum or no supervision.
3. Explains examination and procedure to patient and correctly positions for each procedure.
4. Performs necessary calibration testing, tube warm-up as needed, trouble shoots problems with success and logs according to department protocol.
5. Cleans all CT or X-ray equipment appropriately, following proper techniques and protocols.
6. Charges for exam and supplies, follows department protocols for flow of paperwork and files in the department. Records exams and documents appropriately.
7. Accurately follows department guidelines for CT and X-ray exams including amount of contrast given, when, timing of exams, proper sequence, patient acuity, etc.
8. Follows department guidelines from filming CT exams including but not limited to filming sequence, patient identification, bone breakdown, correct time and date, etc.
9. Displays proficient knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
10. Assists physician with invasive procedures including but not limited to setting up sterile trays, preparing slides and specimens and documentation of procedure, labs, slips, consents, etc.
11. Transports patients as needed. Recognizes patient needs in regard to safety, IV needs, oxygen needs, drainage catheters, universal precautions and utilizes proper handwashing procedures and protocols.
12. Demonstrates reliability when on-call, maintains appropriate proximity and availability to hospital, follows on-call protocol without questioning need.
13. Correctly sets up for fluoroscopy examination with regard to procedure to be done. Competently fluoros terminal ileum and gallbladder.
14. Demonstrates the principles of Radiologic techniques to obtain film quality according to department standards including use of markers, initials site of injury, etc.
15. Uses collimation and lead shields when appropriate with special consideration to age and gender and competently uses techniques for radiation safety and protection at all times.
16. Displays competent use of all portable X-ray equipment, including the C-arms with minimum or no supervision.
17. Maintains stock of supplies and documents need for equipment or supplies, takes initiative to obtain supplies.
18. Provides patient education as appropriate provides follow-up to insure instructions are understood, documents as needed.
19. Demonstrates knowledge regarding dispensing and use of non-controlled medications used in Radiology procedures and appropriately handles such medications under the direct supervision of a qualified physician.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Knowledge and education necessary to obtain Radiologic Technologist certification from the state of California and current California Radiologic Technologist license (CRT). Current registration from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Current CT Certification required. Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
Minimum Experience: At least 1 year training or experience in CT scanning done at an acute hospital setting preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities: Knows cross sectional anatomy, understands contrast procedures, biopsy procedures, knows all diagnostic xray procedures including c-arm and portable procedures. Can differentiate between normal and some abnormal anatomy on CT scan. Is computer literate and has had computer training.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.