DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMCâ��s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Graceâ��s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, clinically and technically assists physicians before, during and after a variety of invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures in a cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, and special procedures laboratories.
â�¢ Prepares patient for procedures and monitors patient status. Inserts and removes arterial and venous lines. Functions as the first assistant to the physician during the invasive procedure.
â�¢ Assists with wire handling, catheter advancement, x-ray controls and equipment preparation.
â�¢ Removes vascular sheaths from the femoral, radial, or brachial artery and/or vein as well as deploys designated vascular closure devices.
â�¢ Records hemodynamic/physiological waveforms and performs various hemodynamic/physiological calculations.
â�¢ Maintains equipment, supply inventory and medical inventory.
â�¢ Participates as a team member including providing detailed report to nursing units regarding the patient and procedure.
â�¢ Assists in other general duties that are necessary to provide quality patient care and promote the success of the Cardiovascular Institute within the DMC.
1. Associate's degree in Science with a major in Cardiovascular Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum one year of experience in a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Special Procedures, Operating Room or Endoscopy.
3. Registration or Registry Eligible with the National Board for Cardiovascular Testing preferred
4. Experience as a first assistant in an interventional cardiac laboratory preferred.
5. BCLS and ACLS Certification.
1. Analytical ability to interpret data from a variety of cardiovascular tests, to monitor data, to develop treatment plans in conjunction with the attending physician, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues, and to obtain advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable. Ability to determine methods for ensuring compliance with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures. Considerable degree of independent judgment for continuous monitoring and appropriate response to changes in patient conditions.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for contact with internal and external customers/stakeholders to discuss and interpret technical information. Some discretion must be exercised in deciding what and how to communicate. Conflict resolution skills are exercised within the unit or function and occasionally on an interdepartmental or interfunctional basis. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required. Ability to read and comprehend policies and interpret technical materials in the specialty area is necessary.
3. Technical knowledge of cardiac catheterization procedures including knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and disease, arrhythmia identification and cardiac pharmacology. Must be able to discriminate electrocardiographic and hemodynamic components as well as catheter location on oscilloscopes and monitors.
4. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to accurately assist during procedures and to advise physician and nursing staff of patient status.
5. Current knowledge of CPR, ACLS and sterile technique.
6. Requirement to be competent by assigned physician proctor for vascular sheath insertion and closure device deployment within 6 months of hire
Job: Cath Lab
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.