Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of the surrounding community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to urology, weâ��ve received many designations for quality care. Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. Weâ��re committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need help.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Under the direction of the Medical and Radiology Director performs a variety of radiographic procedures at a skilled technical level requiring the ability to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for diagnosis. Performs related work as required.
Technical and Job Specific Skill:
1. Telephone Skills-Must demonstrate hospital telephone etiquette by answering the phones promptly, courteously and by identifying department and self.
2. Policy/Procedures -Is aware of and follows all hospital and department policies and procedures.
3. Teamwork-Promotes positive co-worker relationships through teamwork and cooperation. Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with co-workers, physicians, and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
4. Productivity-Maintains high productivity and performs efficiently regardless of whether the work volume is high or low. Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude. Makes decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance. Exercises good judgment and arrives at sound decisions.
5. Job Specific Skills
Performs and /or assists with radiographic fluoroscopic procedures with efficiency and quality according to approved department procedures manual.
Reviews exposed film for proper positioning, technique and identification.
Demonstrates complete working knowledge of all radiographic equipment within the department (i.e., x-ray, surgical and portable equipment)
Demonstrates correct and adequate anatomic positioning skills and uses film markers properly.
Performs any other duties or responsibilities which may be assigned.
Assist in the training of ROP and Radiology Interns.
Customer Service, Key Success Factors, and Performance/Process Improvement
Smile! Always speak positively about the facility and others
Be polite at all times, rudeness is unacceptable
Show concern and interest
Apologize for problems and inconveniences
Keep it Simple
Be clear in your communications, both oral and written
Provide the appropriate information upon request
Document thoroughly and legibly in a timely manner
Avoid unnecessary delays
Follow-up on issues to ensure closure in a timely manner
Sense of Ownership
Take charge of, and accept the responsibility and accountability of your position
Commit to and live the values of our Hospital: Courtesy, Appreciation, Respect, Empowerment
Identify and focus on meeting our customerâ��s needs
Think, say, and do: â��It ismy jobâ��
Plan your work and work your plans
Get involved and stay informed
Listen carefully to what others say
Be cognizant of your environment and address issues/concerns as they appear
Be prepared for emergent situations
Be aware that what you say and how you say it makes a difference to patients, physicians, and fellow employees
5. Commitment to our Colleagues
Work as a team player
Treat one another with courtesy and respect
Welcome new employees and help them to be successful members of our team
Recognize and support the expertise of others
Exceed othersâ�� expectations
Promptly welcome all customers in a friendly manner
Introduce yourself with a warm smile and make eye contact
Address others appropriately and call customers by their name, when possible
Be an ambassador and introduce your colleagues to customers in a prompt and pleasant manner
Smile! Always represent the facility in a positive manner
Let your positive attitude exhibit your pride in being a member of the LRMC team
Take pride in all that you do to provide care for others
Enjoy your successes and the successes of others
Celebrate our WINS, proudly
Make people feel welcomed
Strive to eliminate language barriers by seeking out appropriate translators
Promote good communication and understanding to facilitate a comfortable and healing environment
Offer helpâ�¦do not wait to be asked
Treat each individual as if he/she is the most important person in our facility
Meet the customerâ��s immediate needs, or find the proper person to do so
9. Privacy and Confidentiality
Respect our customersâ�� and colleaguesâ�� privacy by not discussing it in public places
Communicate with our customersâ�� families and significant others with discretion
Maintain patientsâ�� modesty and dignity by providing appropriate privacy
Knock on doors before entering a room and utilize gowns, robes, blankets and privacy curtains to maintain an environment of privacy
Keep patientsâ�� records and information confidential
Respect others by not entertaining gossip
10. Appearance and Professionalism
Conduct yourself as a professional at all times
Keep your work area and surrounding environment clean and safe
Always dress in an appropriate manner
Follow the guidelines in the dress code
Wear your name badge to clearly display your name and picture
Practice good personal hygiene
11. Patient Support
Be considerate and aware of anxiety and discomfort that my be experienced by a patientâ��s family and significant others.
Connect with the patient, not just their reason for being under our care
Consider the impact of your actions
The art of providing care may be encapsulated in the delivery of comfort to other; physical, emotional and spiritual
Taking care of others is our honor and privilege
Taking care of others in the spirit of care is our distinguishing mark of excellence
B. Key Success Factors
1. Attendance - Employee reports to work each regularly scheduled work day. Accurately records all work time including meal periods.
2. Punctuality - Is ready for work at precise starting time and continues working until scheduled departure time. Returns on time from all meal periods.
3. General Work Habits - Readily accepts work assignments in a positive manner. Performs work that is accurate, neat and consistent. Documentation is legible.
4. Safety - Keeps work area neat and maintains equipment in accordance with health and safety codes. Reports safety issues and equipment failures appropriately.
5. Appearance - Projects a professional image, follows the hospital dress code policy and/or department requirements. Wears hospital ID badge at all times on duty.
6. Confidentiality - Sensitive information including, but not limited to, patient records, charts, hospital documents and employee information is kept confidential without exception.
7. Annual Requirements - Completes annual requirements (PPD, requirements, Annual Update, Ethics Training, Licensure and/or Professional Certification) on time.
C. Performance/Process Improvement
Is knowledgeable of performance/process improvement (P.I.) methodology.
Can verbalize knowledge of hospital-wide performance/process improvement activity.
Offers suggestions for departmental and/or hospital-wide performance/ process improvement.
Knowledge of and participation in the performance/process improvement is a condition of employment.
Graduate of approved school of Radiographic Technology
Current CRT with BLS
2 years hospital experience
CT Scan Experience
Requires the ability to walk pushing equipment up to 400 pounds frequently.
Must have dexterity, coordination, visual/auditory acuity to perform duties.
Must be able to reach, stretch and assist patients routinely.
Job: RAD TECH
Primary Location: Lakewood, California
Facility: Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105025614
About Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.