The Telemetry Technician initiates, monitors, and discontinues telemetry monitoring of assigned patient population according to unit protocols and will documents accurately/completely as required. Continuously watches cardiac monitors for changes or disturbance in rate or rhythm. Recognizes and reports all monitor alarm conditions to include life-threatening and lethal arrhythmias to appropriate nursing staff. The Telemetry Technician directs communication regarding telemetry monitoring with both nursing and ancillary units. Maintains telemetry log book, monitoring devices and all necessary supplies for the telemetry monitoring station.
Education and Training:
1. High School degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Successful completion of basic arrhythmia course preferred.
3. Successful completion of the Basic EKG and Dysrhythmia Recognition Exam within 90 days
1. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
2. Previous telemetry or patient care experience preferred.
Desired / Preferred Attributes:
1. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
2. Ability to demonstrate proper customer service and problem solving skills.
3. Ability to quickly organize and multi-task.
4. Ability to respond to emergencies and unpredictable situations in a calm manner, exercising good judgment, and supporting unit staff as needed.
Primary Location: Hilton Head, South Carolina
Facility: Hilton Head Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005042568
About Hilton Head Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.