Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This Monitor Technician is responsible for continuous observation of patients monitors, leads and/or activity and behaviors, and for reporting pertinent changes and abnormalities to the appropriate clinical staff. This position is also responsible for maintaining logs of activity and changes or behaviors in accordance with facility standards.
Full-Time Days 36 hours per week
Weekend rotations are required in this role. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Ironwood Medical Center is committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the southeast communities of metropolitan Phoenix. Our first patient tower has 47 beds, including eight LDR rooms and can accommodate up to 86 beds when fully equipped. We also feature a full service emergency department, four surgical suites and medical imaging services. With our 80-acre campus, more than 500 beds and supporting health services could be built on our site. This means an exceptional opportunity for you to establish a career where the potential for growth is limitless.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for continuous observation of patients' monitors, leads and/or activity and behaviors, and for reporting pertinent changes and abnormalities to the appropriate clinical staff. This position is also responsible for maintaining logs of activity and changes or behaviors in accordance with facility standards. In addition, this position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. Responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides continuous observation of monitors, leads and/or activity and behaviors for assigned patients. Must be aware of pertinent medical history, medications and code status for each of their assigned patients. Alerts appropriate clinical staff of any changes and abnormalities.
2. Obtains calibrated rhythm strips per policy and maintains documentation in accordance with facility standards. Documents changes in clinical and/or behavioral activity. Provides information and summaries to physicians and staff. Monitors and assists in the maintenance of monitoring equipment.
3. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
4. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
5. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient's health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
6. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal and EKGs. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
7. Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
8. May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
9. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families, physicians, external contacts and vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required.
Must possess a working knowledge of medical terminology, computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Recent healthcare experience preferred. In Arizona, the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13638
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.