Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Interviews patient, family, significant others to formulate a nursing history.
2. Observes, identifies and collects dates to identify nursing care needs of the patient.
3. Demonstrates decision making process and ability to recognize priorities and resolve appropriately.
4. Documents primary and secondary assessments in a timely manner. Documents vital signs on face sheet.
5. Demonstrates ability to assess all symptoms assigning appropriate categories of non-urgent, urgent, and emergent. Follows triage assessment guidelines.
6. Reports changes in patient's condition to appropriate person (i.e., charge nurse and/or physician) follows flow of patient care.
7. Communicates triage needs to charge nurse.
8. Demonstrates clinical skills in managing the care of all categories of ED patients (i.e., Pediatrics, OB/GYN, Ortho, Eye, ENT, Trauma, Cardiac).
9. Takes initiative with new procedures.
10. Identifies the need to involve other departments in the patient's care (i.e., Physical Therapy, Social Service, Dietician).
11. Develops and updates individualized nursing care on each patient.
12. Gives verbal and written discharge instructions with appropriate referrals as needed.
13. Demonstrates appropriate patient and family teaching.
14. Maintains continuity of care by follow-through on patient's progress in the ED (i.e., checking on lab and X-ray results).
15. Covers for assigned team member when (s)he is involved with other patients or trauma. Demonstrates awareness of the whole ED flow and assists as needed.
16. Performs common nursing procedures as defined in Policy and Procedure Manual.
17. Anticipates patient and physician needs (i.e., draws lab, obtains specimens, orders X-rays, takes orthostatic vitals, visual acuity, set-up for pelvic exam, weighs children).
18. Explains treatments and procedures to patient and family/significant others.
19. Provides for the safety, cleanliness and comfort of the patient (i.e., side rails, warm blankets).
20. Initiates emergency procedures as needed within the scope of practice and hospital policy and AHA first-hour requirements.
21. Demonstrates ability to efficiently function in all ED roles (i.e., A-line set-up, TPA, IV drips, autotransfusions, chest tubes, drawing blood, IV starts, defibrillation, pacemakers, splints, wound dressing).
22. Identifies abnormal diagnostic data and clinical changes in patient's condition. Follows through with nursing action and reports changes to appropriate person (i.e., charge nurse and/or physician).
23. Gives and receives report at shift change, breaks, and anytime called away from assigned areas for extended period of time (i.e., trauma)/
24. Completes required reports and forms accurately in a timely manner and before end of shift (i.e., charges, medical records deficiencies).
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND RESPONSIBILITY:
25. Assists team members and supervisors freely as required.
26. Appropriately follows chain of command.
27. Maintains awareness of legal aspects of nursing care.
28. Conducts patient care conferences.
29. Updates skills and knowledge and attends peer's patient care conferences and hospital in-services.
30. Acts as preceptor after one year clinical experience and attendance at preceptor's class.
31. Actively participates with education of EMTs, paramedics, and nursing students.
32. Attends unit meetings.
33. Accepts and completes daily nursing assignments in a positive manner (i.e., stocks bedsides, signs books in 9, 10, trauma room, IV trays, tools, eye & nasal trays, cast & dressing cars, narcotic count and equipment check).
34. Ensures that equipment is maintained in a safe and clean manner; notifies appropriate department when equipment is not working.
35. Sets goals and objectives for evaluation with target dates.
36. Modifies work schedules as required by department. Adjusts schedules as needed by the ED census.
37. Participates on committees and/or provides input to representatives.
38. Performs all other duties as assigned.
39. Point of care testing
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge and education necessary to obtain RN license in the state of California and current California R.N. license.Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS Certification. American Heart Association PALS certification within 90 days of hire. Healthy Interventions Certification.
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
B.Minimum Experience: Recent acute care experience preferred.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Evening
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905013319
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.