Asheville, North Carolina
Recognized for an unprecedented 5th year as one of the nation's Top 15 Health Systems by Truven Health, and earning the Great Place to Work and Practice designation, Mission Health is NC's 6th largest health system and the region’s only not-for-profit, independent community hospital system.
Mission traces its roots in the region back to 1885, operates 6 hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. Its medical staff includes more than 1,000 physicians and is certified in more than 50 medical specialties/sub-specialties. Mission has 7 Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Heart, Mission Children’s Hospital, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Trauma and Women’s Health. Other member hospitals: Angel Medical Center, Blue Ridge Regional, Highlands-Cashiers, McDowell, and Transylvania Regional.
Mission: Our BIG(GER) Aim: To get every person to their desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and always with an exceptional experience for each person, family and team member.
With approximately 10,700 employees and 2,000 volunteers, Mission Health is dedicated to improving the health and wellness of the people of western North Carolina.
- Best Hospital in State (tie), Business North Carolina, 2017
- Truven Top 15 Health Systems, Truven Health Analytics, 2015
- Most Wired Hospitals, Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine, 2016
- America's Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals, Truven Health Analytics, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health Systems, Truven Health Analytics, 2015
- 2015 National Best & Brightest Companies in Wellness, National Association for Business Resources (NABR), 2015
- Best Hospital, US News & World Report, 2015
Insurance, Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance (31)
- Dental Insurance (9)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) (8)
- Vision Insurance (8)
- Life Insurance (9)
Financial & Retirement
- Pension Plan (1)
- 401K Plan (23)
- Retirement Plan (28)
- Performance Bonus (2)
Family & Parenting
- Maternity & Paternity Leave (26)
- Childcare (4)
Vacation & Time Off
- Vacation & Paid Time Off (31)
- Sick Days (6)
- Paid Holidays (3)
- Bereavement Leave (8)
Perks & Discounts
- Gym Membership (4)
- Job Training (7)
- Tuition Assistance (8)
Mission Health is one of NC’s largest healthcare systems and the region’s only not-for-profit, independent community hospital system. Mission was recognized as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, and our own team members have earned us an official recognition as a “Great Place to Work and Practice." Our care is patient-centered, and Mission is fully committed to helping our community Get Well, Be Well and Stay Well.
As an industry leader in innovation, Mission is committed to building a better future for the community. We were named one of the country’s “most wired,” investing heavily in information technology to improve patient experience and optimize efficiency. This is just one of the many ways in which Mission focuses on continuous improvement.
In Mission’s Innovative, progressive culture, we week to recognize the unique strengths and contributions of our team members. We train and support at any point of your career journey to tap into your talents. Personal and professional development is key to growing your career within Mission. Mission is one destination for a wide range of career journeys.
Whether you are nestled in the heart of Asheville at Mission Hospital, or at one of our exceptional member locations across WNC, you are part of something bigger. The BIG(GER) Aim of everyone is “to get every person to their desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and always with an exceptional experience for each person, family and team member.”
Whether you're a nurse, physician, provider, allied health clinician or non-clinical professional, we welcome you to join our world-class team of caregivers dedicated to providing an exceptional experience for our patients and their families. Come see where you fit at Mission, and start your easy, streamlined application process today: www.mission-health/careers
Incredible things happen at Mission Health every day, thanks to our dedicated care teams.
Visit our Nursing Page to learn more.
Learn about our exceptional people who grow their nursing careers at Mission:
Mission Health strives to maintain a welcoming and inclusive environment for all employees, patients and visitors -- regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age disability, genetic information or veteran status. Our team of caregivers create an environment that is responsive to the needs of all employees and those who come in seek of care. Mission Health and its Diversity Committee are committed to the following goals:
- To eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in care provided to patients within Mission Health
- To expand and enhance Mission's services to minority populations in western North Carolina
- To educate Mission Health employees in cultural competency through cultural diversity curriculum
- To promote and recruit a diverse and inclusive workforce
- To enhance interpreter services and maintain Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) standards.
Mission Health has done amazing work toward eliminating health care disparities and we continue to work hard every day to make that happen because not only is it the right thing to do, it also better positions us to work with all populations in our community, region and state. Part of this effort is to recruit and retain diverse candidates who are representative of the populations we serve. In conjunction with National Minority Health month which is observed in April, Mission gave each caregiver an opportunity to personally “take the pledge” and get more info by signing their names to pledge banners that were rotated throughout the system..
As a caregiver at Mission Health, you have the opportunity to be an influential advocate for diversity in our organization and community with the Diversity Committee.
Our Mission is to improve the health of the people of western North Carolina and the surrounding region.
- Serve people as a not-for-profit health system governed by a voluntary community board.
- Ensure sustainability through stewardship of the community's assets.
- Provide quality services in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate in order to improve access across the entire continuum of care.
- Promote wellness and health to benefit the community.
- Our Merit Values
Five core values- Mercy, Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Trust/Teamwork- form the foundation for our culture at Mission Hospital.
- Mercy - We work to create a caring and compassionate environment responsive to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of all persons.
- Excellence - We strive to meet or exceed patient/customer needs and expectations and work as a team to improve every aspect of care and service in our organization.
- Respect - We value the innate dignity of all persons, respect their uniqueness and diversity and enable the development of each one's full potential.
- Integrity - We are consistently open, honest and ethical and abide by the Mission Hospitals Integrity statement.
- Trust/Teamwork - We say what we mean and do what we say.