• The Cardiopulmonary Cardiac Sonographer creates a safe, productive, and patient centered experience during cardiopulmonary procedures. They create a caring professional environment for the patient, family, and physician and obtain diagnostically reproducible data that contributes to the accurate diagnosis and treatment of patients leading to restoration of optimal patient health and well being. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Echocardiography: The Sonographer will obtain complete and reproducible diagnostically accurate cardiac ultrasound exams. They will have a thorough knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology. They will understand the essentials of ultrasound physics and be able to differentiate artifacts from real data.
• Stress testing: The Sonographer will obtain complete and reproducible diagnostically accurate cardiac stress exams. They will have a thorough knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy and physiology. they will understand the essentials of EKG interpretation and be able to differentiate artifacts from real data. They will able to identify and troubleshoot suboptimal EKG tracings. They will be able to identify potentially life threatening arrhythmias and implement appropriate interventions. They will coordinate the stress test with other team members. The Sonographer will provide pre and post procedural teaching and instructions.
• EKG/ Holter monitoring: The Sonographer will obtain complete and reproducible diagnostically accurate EKGS and holter tests. They will have a thorough knowledge of EKG rhythm interpretation. They will be able to recognize and troubleshoot common artifacts. They will be able to recognize hemodynamically significant arrhythmias (critical values).
• Documentation: The Sonographer is responsible for completing all required charting and billing documentation in a timely basis.
• Quality improvement: The Sonographer will assist with the identification, resolution, and tracking of quality improvement initiatives.
• Patient teaching: The Sonographer is responsible for providing patient and family education in an understandable and compassionate manner.
• Infection Control: The Sonographer is responsible for following all required infection control practices and guidelines and maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the patient care area and equipment.
• Staff/client relationships:
o The Sonographer will include the patient and family whenever possible
o The Sonographer will contribute to the growth of the department in a solution oriented constructive problem solving approach.
o The Sonographer will advocate and protect patient rights.
o The Sonographer will respect and adapt for cultural diversity.
o The the/therapist will interact professionally with coworkers and promote interdepartmental teamwork.
• Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s Service Standards into their daily work.
Required Qualifications: • Registered ARDMS or CCI Echocardiography registry • BLS Certification • ACLS Certification (required within 6 months of transfer/hire)
Located in the beautiful San Juan River Valley in northwest New Mexico, San Juan Regional Medical Center is a 194 bed, level III trauma center including state-of-the-art operating suites and 72 private patient rooms with fresh air balconies. As a non-profit, community owned hospital, San Juan Regional Medical Center serves the Four Corners area of New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah. The SJRMC... network includes an 18 bed rehabilitation hospital, San Juan Health Partners specialty clinics, heart center, outpatient rehabilitation care , outpatient diagnostic services, wound treatment center, AirCare emergency service, a free standing cancer center, San Juan Regional Spine Center, and San Juan Regional Heart Center.
Our approach is to satisfy the expectations of our patients and attract and retain leading physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. San Juan Regional Medical Center is committed to integrating advanced medical technologies and to continually improve patient care while keeping safety at the forefront of all we do. Our core value of Sacred Trust calls everyone who works for San Juan Regional Medical Center to live, breathe, and create a culture of safety- safety for the patients we serve and safety for each other.
Back to top
You are about to exit the Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) website. Upon clicking the Continue button, you will be redirected to the IBHRE website.