Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Monitor Technician \(0\.4 FTE, Evenings\) to work for the Telemetry at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Monitor Technician is responsible for providing back up and down time procedures in support of the continuous monitoring of a patients cardiac rhythm and oxygen saturation level, documenting clinical status including any significant changes and reporting changes to the Registered Nurse and/or Charge Nurse\. Must successfully pass annual ECG competencies\.
This a combination Unit Secretary and Monitor Technician position\.
\\*\\\*\MUST HAVE MONITOR TECHNICIAN EXPERIENCE\\*\\\*\
In this position you will:
- Perform general secretarial and clerical duties in the patient care areas
- Interact with patients, families and physicians and act as a liaison among members of the health care team, patients and families
- Oversee the orderliness of work area and order forms and other clerical supplies
- Set appropriate alarms and adjust arrhythmia detection criteria as appropriate for each patient
- Maintain equipment and report malfunctions to charge nurse and clinical engineering
- Assists with orientation of new HUC/MT staff and nursing staff and other duties as assigned by charge nurse, clinical supervisor or nurse manager
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Arrhythmia Interpretation class \(80% score or higher\) If you have previous monitor technician experience, must pass a challenge exam \(80% score or higher\)
- Experience in related healthcare setting in a clinical, clerical or service capacity
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of Window's based applications
- Excellent customer service skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience using electronic medical record
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Req ID: 144352