With minimum supervision performs ECG's, holter monitors, and ECG management system and physician reports. Assures the interpretation process is completed in a timely manner maintenance of all supplies and equipment. Assist physicians with locating reports and preparing for interpretations. Assist in other areas of the department, when available.
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Receives request, determines priority and performs electrocardiograms by transporting equipment to patient's bedside. Review physician order, identifies patient and introduces self to patient. Explains procedure to patient.
3. Prepares and applies holter monitors at patient bedside. Review physician order, identifies patient, and introduces self to patient, explains procedure to patient.
4. Maintains physician interpretations in the ECG management system. Stores and retrieves ECG's on the management system to assure consistency. Edits ECG's on the management system promptly and correctly to assure consistent patient care.
5. Identifies and sorts computer generated ECG reports to assure consistent patient care.
6. Performs miscellaneous duties within the department including maintaining physician interpretation area and assures prompt interpretation of all ECG's performed.
7. Maintains physician relations by meeting all reasonable requests and assisting in the processes involved with interpretation.
8. Ensures proper equipment function, monitors and orders supplies as needed.
9. Observe patient for unusual reactions or events and properly report event to Risk Management through the use of the Variance Report Form. Report erratic operation of equipment to supervisor and/or Bio-Medical personnel.
10. Observe all pertinent personal and patient safety measures, while consistently treating all patients with dignity and respect.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.