- Department: BBC ICU (Intensive Care Unit)
- Bronson Battle Creek, Battle Creek, MI
- Various positions open full-time, part-time and contingent
- 07:00 PM to 07:30 AM
- Night shift
- Associates, Diploma or BS or BSN degree in Nursing
Sign-On Bonus available for qualifying applicants with Critical Care Experience.
Bronson Healthcare Group is a not-for-profit organization that serves patients and families throughout southwest and south central Michigan. We offer a full range of services from primary care to advanced critical care at more than 60 locations and three hospital facilities.
Locally owned and governed, we are the region's leading healthcare system and one of the area's largest employers. Our physicians and staff are nationally recognized for many exceptional achievements in quality, safety and service.
Bronson Battle Creek is a 189 bed hospital has all private rooms. Additionally, we have been ranked as one of West Michigan's "Best and Brightest" companies to work for and are recognized as the area's Most Preferred Hospital.
We currently have contingent, full-time, and part-time night positions open in Bronson Battle Creek Intensive Care Unit.
The requirements for this position include:
- Having an Associate's Degree*, Diploma or Bachelor of Science degree from an approved nursing program prior to employment
- Maintaining a Michigan RN license
- Demonstrating organization, dependability, excellent customer service, superior communication and documentation skills
- Supporting a Family Centered Care philosophy and promoting patient education
- Working full-time hours for approximately 12-weeks during orientation
- Verifying or obtaining BLS certification
- Handling a busy unit as the pace is fast and unpredictable
*Employees hired into a Registered Nurse position at Bronson on or after 12/29/13 are asked to sign an education agreement, committing to obtain a BSN degree within five years of acquiring a nursing position.
Mental & Visual Fatigue: Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring ness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personnel computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time
Physical Effort: Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as, assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.